Although almost obsolete, DXO’s Optics Pro 9 is still a heavy hitter when it comes to image editing, especially when it comes to noise reduction. This is especially good if you are tired of the pain of getting into Lightroom/PS when there’s no internet…
DXO has partnered with Digital Camera UK to offer you a free license. The link is HERE.
The deadline to get this FREE copy of Optics Pro 9 is Feb, 28th 2017.
Do you or would you use a midi controller? What is a midi controller? It’s a device of buttons/dials and sliders that let you control things. Originally used by musicians but has now been adapted by image editors. So with a midi controller, software like MIDI2LR and Lightroom CC, I can link a lightroom function (slider or rating, or changing panels) to a button or dial on the midi controller. I just got one, the Behringer X Touch Mini. I’ve gotten it set up and it does make my edit work faster and as I memorize what botton/dial does what it’ll get faster. If you want more info, Here’s my review. For more details on the process.
As always, please feel free to leave your comments, recommendations and or questions.
New lightroom CC update available and the mobile version gets an update too. New tool “reference photo” introduced, will it be useful to you? Will issues with the curve points affect you?
Lightroom CC Gets An Update Today, Too!
Breaking News: Major New Lightroom Mobile Update: New UI, Powerful New Camera App, Other New Stuff!
Lightroom Gets New ‘Reference View’ for Comparing Photos as You Edit
New features in Glow 2 Include:
– Over 30 New Presets – That brings the total to over 100 included effects to amplify your images or give you a boost creating a personal look you love.
– New Masking Module -You no longer need a host editor like Photoshop to create masks on your images! Now, you can open Glow 2 and mask areas of your image directly from the application using luminosity, color selection, a spot mask, or a traditional brush mask, and yes it’s color aware 🙂
– Unlimited Undo/Redo – That’s right! As long as you don’t close the program you can now undo or redo to your hearts content (as far as your system memory will allow.)
– Topaz Community Integration – Topaz Glow 2 is the 3rd of our products to include the Topaz Community, an easy way for users to search save and share custom made presets with other Glow 2 users around the world. Surf an ocean of hand crafted presets, then download and apply with a click. Or share your custom presets for other users to try.
– Automatic Preset Backup – as long as you’re signed into your account when you save a preset, that preset will be privately uploaded to the community then synced on any other machine you sign into.
If you’re needing some new presets, ON1 is up to version 10 and it’s still free. Here’s the site to get them: https://www.on1.com/apps/effects10free/