BLACKLISTED – for various reasons, various shops
1) MSColor – Confirmed item at shop. Went down told no stock but offered 3rd party item with 10 day warranty. 7th day item not working. Refused refund/exchange and downright rude. I was a frequent customer there too, spent thousands in there.
2) Red dot photo corridor shop in Funan- Customer service is rude and sarcastic that’s if you can get them to look up from their digital device. Online shop is ok tho, but I choose not to have anything to do with a shop that has people of that calibre behind the counter.
3) Alan Photo – have bought many things from them, by and large pricing not that bad, it’s the add on’s they try to get you to buy. If you’re immune then no prob. I just don’t feel like putting myself in that situation. They’ve used this line on me, “you buy such expensive lens and only put cheap cheap filter” (yes, that’s how the guy spoke). The filter I chose to buy was an $86 Hoya filter. Subsequent visits leaves me unimpressed, they’re all so grumpy all the time.
4) Best Denki – ruthless bait and switch tactics, false advertising (all relating to desktop computer systems). Complaint made to CASE, twice.
1) TK Photo – sometimes rude, sometimes ignorant in product knowledge, sometimes shady practices by sales people. Like selling demo items as new, jacking up the price at the register when paying by credit card (anywhere between 2-4%) I’ve heard it all. If you need to change a ThinkTank product, best email ThinkTank first and get a go ahead from them before you approach TK. I had to provide all correspondence between Thinktank and myself. Grey listed because they are the only place I know to get full line of Think Tank products and Rode mics.
2) Sgcamera store – mainly 3rd party stuff, good prices but the shop I usually go to is gone, now in Peninsula Shopping Centre under different management I think. First time there I had to redo my “membership” details, product bought Rosco Gel Collection of which all 5 1/2 CTO gels were missing….waiting for response from them.